Susan,
thanks for the heads up on prodipe VE. I hadn't heard of this device but it looks like a really promising product. I wonder if anyone has experience of using it with BIAB? In particular I would like to know whether it will automatically respond to BIABs Midi instructions to change patches for new songs or new sections of songs (a lot of synths with GM capability won't do that). Also any opinions on sound quality versus the VSC and Forte woud be welcome.

The prospect of a better quality GM synth with no latency which works with BIAB as seamlessly as the VSC, and all for 99 Euros would be extremely appealing.

I don't often end up using the VSC sounds in my final compositions (usually substitute them with Sampletank or Halion voices once I move the project to Cubase) but I think that I sometimes might be dismissing some of the midi based styles just because of the quality of some of the VSC voices (particularly guitar).

The long term solution definitely resides with realtracks which are awesome, but I think that the midi styles will still be important until the realtracks library builds out more (2009.5 was a great step in that direction).

Many thanks

Regards, Aubrey

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.