What can MC do that RB can't?

Lambada, if you don't understand DAW's then please don't read too much in this thread. The guys making all these complaints and comments are true power users who really know their stuff. To them yes, RB has limitations but for the vast majority of casual users RB is more than capable. They're making it sound like RB is some total piece of crap. Nothing could be further from the truth. First RB is free, it's included with Biab. Second, it's based on Power Tracks Pro Audio which has been a very nice DAW for at least 15 years or so.

Don't believe all this stuff, it's way over the top. They're talking about technical things you may never care about. Ever.

Now, you have already learned so very cool things you can do with RB. Here's another thing about working with DAW's and I cannot emphasize this enough so I'm going to shout it:

IT'S UP TO THE USER TO FIGURE ALL THIS OUT.

The program is just a tool. It's up to you to learn all the ways to use that tool. So many people who are very ignorant never take the time to figure this stuff out so they go and buy another program thinking that one is better. It's not better, just different. I've said this so many times maybe I should put in my sig: You MUST become a complete audio and midi nerd in order to work well with any DAW.

Consider this. Somebody gets frustrated with RB so they go and spend $500-700 on a big name program. After some time they realize they could do most of what that expensive program does in RB and more. Are they going to go back to RB? Heck no, they've now invested their money in the other DAW, to go back now means they jumped the shark in the first place so they're not going to admit that.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 01/04/16 07:47 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.