It's the weirdest thing that just started happening about 2 weeks ago...about the same time that I switched from using the headphone output on my laptop to a USB with an audio interface (Edirol), although I don't see how that could have anything to do with it. I'm still using the latest build of BIAB 2015, waiting on build 432 of BIAB 2016 before I install the updated version of the program. But there were no changes or updates made to the 2015 version 2 weeks ago that I know of; I certainly didn't download or install anything.

Here's the problem: on some slow songs, I have been using RealTrack #1841 (synthpad strings, high) only on the final held chord of the song at low volume. I use MIDI strings for the rest of the song but in the 2015 upgrade, a legato feature that was added that prevents me from effectively reducing the MIDI strings volume for that final chord because any notes that were already being played are not affected. So on that final chord I mute the MIDI strings and bring "back to normal" the RT #1841 on what would normally be the guitar track which had been muted until that final chord. This workaround has worked just fine week after week, month after month until about 2 weeks ago.

The problem is that now the RT #1841 plays in a different key as if it had been transposed or frozen in a different key, but nothing like that has been done. And if I change to a different RT, regenerate and play the song, then switch back to RT #1841, it sounds correct. BUT - when I power down and then back up again later, the RT is once again playing the wrong chord, usually a half step higher or a whole step lower...weird.

I tried "Restore to Factory Settings" and it did not have any effect on this problem.

Any ideas?

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz