Joanne,

I listened to all of them, and of all of them all “Be Brave” and “Watching Time” seem closest to an album song in terms of a great production and an identifiable or branded “sound.” Not that you should use ukulele on every song, but these two songs were very simple and warm, and your vocals are excellent and warm as well. This particular simplicity of instruments and tonalities fits your voice and lyrical story telling style very well: it sort of cradles your voice in the warmth of the production, if that makes any sense. If I were producing this, I would strive for this level of warmth, and groove, and in the pocket production on all of the songs. Kind of like a James Taylor album---all of the songs might be different, but they usually all have a similar sound and tonality in the warmth and production. I would use these songs as your touchstones for producing the rest, they turned out really well. On some of the others, I like the songs, but found the instrumentation to be a little jarring or high pitched, in contrast with these productions which really cradled your voice. To me, your very warm, earthy voice tones should be cradled in musical warmth on all of these songs and any instrumentation that does not provide a warm pocket for the voice should be avoided. This album—to me—seems like it is a showcase for your voice, and not the instruments, which need to take second place. Hope this makes sense. If it does, I will be happy to take a listen to all tunes again if they are redone on a song by song basis just to give my production feedback as to whether I feel they are providing that warm pocket for your voice, or are distracting from your voice, should that feedback be useful.
Great job with the writing so far. Really excellent material.