Originally Posted By: jt3
thanks I understood part of what you were saying. the song I'm working on is a Merle H. song [Going where the lonely go]. the A that biab is playing is the 5th string on a guitar. which is the 2nd A below middle C so I'm wanting the 3nd A below middle C. the style I'm using is all midi with real drums. the standard midi bass hits the note I want. it will work fine this way. sometimes I hear bass parts and want to put them in my song.
\

John, maybe this will help you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_guitar

My music computer is down right now so I can not verify this but it sounds like the BiaB is written in the actual notation and your "standard MIDI bass", whatever that is, expects notes in actual notation. That is the A written is the identical A on a piano.

The Hi-Q bass notes are in the expected printed form for a bass. That is the note on the sheet music is written one octave higher than it sounds. It sounds like you are a guitarist so you know that the C played on the B string's first fret is written on the third space of the sheet music. BUT it is sounding a middle C, the one that is one ledger line below the staff. The same is true for a bass.

What you need to do is to transpose the BiaB bass up an octave and it should play fine on the Hi-Q bass.

FWIW - I run into this all the time. The problem is there is no standards for companies. Thus some are for the actual notations and some for the transposed notations.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware