Just a few thoughts...

I think it might be useful at this stage to remember exactly what is a realtrack, and consequently a user-track.

If you navigate to your realtracks folder on your hard drive, open the folder and then open the sub-folder for a synth instrument, you'll see a number of audio files. These will likely be windows media, or wav if your lucky enough to be using the audiophile version. Double click on any of the audio files and it will play music for a few minutes. That is a realtrack - a piece of music. It is NOT a sample. It is no different to any piece of music performed on a sample player and as such it is legitimately the property of the performer. In this case the session musician has assigned copyright to PGM, who has become the legal owner of the music.

I believe that there is no way back from this. Neither the manufacturer of the sample player, nor the sample library can have any claim on this music, in exactly the same way as with any song. This is evidenced and can be observed by common practice and indeed, the whole music industry would cease to function if this were not the case. Every high earning performer would be swamped with actions from equipment suppliers and the lawyers would become even richer.

Now, if PGM as the legal owner, give me permission to take this piece of music, slow it down, pitch-shift the key and then copy and paste the chords in a different order, do I have to pay cash to the sample library? I think not. If I use a software program such as Realband to automate this procedure the principle remains.

At the end of the day, a sample is a sample, but a piece of music is something different and each are governed by separate rules.

(The usual legal disclaimers apply - this is only the opinion of the author.)

Just saying ...

ROG.