Originally Posted By: FrankK

Provided you don't have the audiophile version transfer is OK. But according to PGMusic if you have the audiophile version on an external disc drive and transfer to your comp drive the WAV tracks get copied to WMA - (Windows Media Format i.e somewhat compressed).
Re.

Frank, I can tell you that in my case this advice is just not true. I have the audiophile version, and for many years I have copied selected RealTracks to a separate internal SSD drive. As Noel mentioned, this isn't enough - you also have to copy ST2 and XT2 files to the /BB folder. The process is complicated and I don't recommend it for the faint of heart, but it can be copied manually and it will work. Could you please cite the source of this advice from PG Music? I have to believe the context is not correct (unless they, like me, were just trying to discourage you).

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors