Originally Posted By: rharv
This is probably not an acceptable answer to the OP, but something to consider just the same.

Move to RB sooner. Get the style/chords down and then move to RB for generating.

Here's what you gain:
Reliable reproduction of tracks (less lost work)
Ability to generate sections of individual or multiple tracks
Ability to try different style parts with the song (again partial or whole tracks)
Multiriff options = ability to try multiple generations at once and cut/paste sections or do Multiriff again .. same or different style

What you lose:
As far as Part Markers, RB supports A/B .. BiaB has C and D; this can issues with import/open routines
Ability to keep 'exact' track data (it is re-interpreted when regenerated but usually pretty consistent) .. YMMV
'Convenience' of having everything regenerating quickly (often times not desired here; I had stuff I liked!)
Preservation of C/D parts.

.. they are different programs and behave differently and I like that!
knowing what each does best helps decide when to make the transition.

One thing that may be causing significant difference in RB compared to BiaB is if you had C/D part markers, as mentioned above. I could see this causing significant changes when opening a BiaB file in RB.

The tradeoff/benefit in RB is the ability to drill down into styles to regenerate the desired sections using substyles. RB calls them variations .. (see image below)
This can be a challenge sometimes, which is another reason I move to RB sooner than later. I experiment there instead once I reach a certain point, mainly because I can and I know the SEQ file will be exact when I open it.
Again YMMV, just works better for me.

Thanks for the detailed suggestions! Lots of good points you made.

But, as you predicted, I'd still expect/wish that RB honor BIAB settings! Even 3rd-party programs that import other data files do a better job of this!

I have tried RB several times and, as a multi-riff generator it is fine (mainly because I have nothing else) but as a DAW it falls way short for me. To me it feels unstable and outdated. Simple stuff like mouse scroll wheel does not work. Long delays are common when trying to do simple stuff like scrolling. I am used to software that is very responsive and that is what I require.

So not much chance I'll move to RB sooner! If they were to add bar-by-bar RealTrack generation to BIAB I'd delete RB from my hard drive. I'm glad it works for some folks but it will not work for me.