I don't really agree.
Let me say first that I love BIAB, I love PG Music, and I love the potential of UTs.
But ... there's a "but".
I think there might be some users who would be willing to make very good quality UTs.
I know because I am one of them.
I am a decent musician. I've been playing for decades at semi-pro level. I am still involved in some pro and semi-pro level musical projects. I know that with certain instruments (acoustic, classic guitars, ukuleles etc) I could make some very, very good sounding UTs. And I have a nice home studio where I can record with very good equipment in a sound proof room. And, I would be willing to give away my UTs for free (as long as others would share theirs) or maybe sell them for a very low price. Am I the only one? I dont think so. I am guessing that there may be other people like me. Probably more than a few.
So, why don't I do it?
The problem is that currently the UT feature is far from workable. There are many key problems that need to be fixed. The 3/4 problem is just the most obvious, but frankly there are other problems that are even more crucial in order to make high quality UTs. Like, for example, unnecessary transposing, very obvious artifacts in chords transitions etc etc. A user called "Icelander", in another post, provided all the technical details. So, at the moment, I don't think I wanna spend a lot of time recording a high quality UT (because high quality requires a lot of time, careful recording, editing, etc) if then the playback will be not good enough because of the current limitations. I tried. It's not worth it. No matter how well I play and record my part (and, believe me, I can really do it well) the playback of my UT is just not good enough, it doesn't really compare with RTs. Too many weird artifacts. So, why bother?
In the current situation, UTs are certainly very useful, but only for low quality products and purposes (quick demos, rehearsals etc). Not for serious work, unlike RTs, which are fantastic.

That's why I'm really hoping that PG will address all these issues (as they said they would), because that will encourage people with good instrumental technique and good equipment to make good quality UTs, comparable with PG's RTs, share them, or sell them, and energize the community and increase the BIAB fan base. I think it would be good for everybody, including PG.