First of, there's no need for you to sell yourself off short like that - and I guarantee no one is "laughing" at you.

Right, I'm not sure just precisely which templates you are talking about, but the idea in these names you mention is that, they should make for somewhat the amount of playing time as their names indicate - but the chosen tempo makes a considerable difference there. And no, you're not supposed to stitch them together. As to how or why 'The "30 minute version" is like 4 chords', I cannot say, for the one I found (but never used) has far more chords than four. So you are well in your rights to be confused about that, I am too smirk
There are a couple of rudimentary "Making a Usertrack" type of videos on PG's main site, you can find them here, but precious little to find in terms of reading material in any proper details yet (something I've complained about to Support many times over).

And about my comments confusing you even further, my apologises, that was absolutely not my intentions. Let's see if I can't explain myself better:
Making your own set of chords to work with is perfectly fine, absolutely nothing wrong or bad about that whatsoever. Nor is there any "right" (or "wrong") way either, it's just a question of usability. See, the potential caveat of only using your own chords is that it may end up limiting the usage of your creation. So my main comment suggested that you add/included some bars where there are more than one chord within a single bar. Ok, so maybe the style(s) you were trying to emulate don't really play music which contains more than one chord in a single bar, but what if the user still wanted your UT to do that for his work, in a completely different settings - do you see what I'm getting at?
That was really the fundamental philosophy I was trying to suggest. The more possibilities you account for in your UT, the more possibilities it will have for other users.

And just to hammer in a cliche, because it's true: There's no such thing as a 'stupid' question! cool

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)