Originally Posted By: dga
Ok is the issue we are all discussing sample clearance? Or copyright violation.

My question has always been very narrow. My question is NOT "can I use samples in my songs?"! Of course I can. My question is NOT "can I distribute/sell my songs containing samples?" Again, of course I can! And I am fairly certain I can convert my licensed sample libraries to UserTracks for my own use inside BIAB.

My question is "can I use the technology of UserTracks to redistribute samples I have licensed?"

UserTrack technology enables me to take a sample library and effectively convert it to a new format (UserTrack) and then redistribute it so others who do not purchase those samples can now create songs using them!

And yes, I understand that in order to create the UserTrack I am combining both the samples and a pattern I play. So I guess the case could be made that I have altered the samples I am delivering by converting them into strings of WAV files.

But I could see how someone selling a sample library might have an issue with me using their library to create a new library for distribution.