Thank you, Peter. This explains it. I never caught on to the difference between the first play and the solo doing what I checked off in the soloist window and the second play. I jump around so much trying different things that I simply thought this was a random glitch. I just tried it with a few tunes and of course, you're correct. I admit I don't understand the thinking here because the soloist window is song specific while the "melody menu>mute melody during middle choruses" is global. If I have that box checked in the soloist window why doesn't it just do it every time? When I'm experimenting with the soloists, I'm opening and closing that soloist window multiple times and that checkbox is looking me right in the face. See the confusion here? It says "mute the melody in the middle chorus", yet it plays from the second time on. What does the melody menu have to do with it? Still, as long as I know what's happening, it's cool.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.