Techno crap to follow:

Actually, ACM = Audio Compression Manger

In light of day (this was running together after a long day of chasing my tail on this one) I was concentrating on what that registry patch CHANGED not what it added.

It ADDED Fraunhofer (before upsetting folks - I own a license from way back so I was not focused on it or worried about usurping its use by MS products like Win Media Center) but nothing affecting LAME is in that cmd line registry hack so still not sure WHY it corrected anything with respect to LAME within PG RB or PT.

I already had a (correct and still unchanged) entry for msacm.lameacm in the registry 32-bit drivers section

( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 )

HOWEVER, that cmd line hack DID ADD the Fraunhofer acm (msacm.3acm set and set it to the newly defined l3codecp.acm)

For some TBD reason that FIXED the LAME issue in PG products - still not sure WHY.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20