Jim

You are not alone

When I want audio in a more "convenient" portable form (like for my, duh, MP3 player or my Galaxy phone,..) I use MP3's - for use outside the house, in-house work areas, garage, re-loading bench, even in my car's really nice sound system. Anything more "faithful" than MP3 is wasted in those environments, and like you I find MP3 format to be a lot more ubiquitous plus like you, i have some home theater gear that does not play wma's so MP3 is COMMON.

If I want highest possible quality I use best format specific to the end device (OR PLAY my vinyl collection and forget all the geek stuff!)

However, I do not try to use RB or PT (or Sonar, Audacity, or anything else) to create MP3's either. I have a program that does bulk conversions (from almost any format to almost any format)- it's easier to use and faster to call up than a DAW

Larry

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20