Originally Posted By: zekester
Having the same problem with my Scarlett 4i2. Sort of have it figured out if I plug my strat directly into interface. But I have a rather expensive POD HD500 that I'd like to process my guitar signal. Everytime I try to use it via usb into my desktop and record into my DAW Power Tracks it sounds like crap. I think you're saying even though my HD500 is plugged via usb into desktop All my settings for devices should list the Scarlett 4i2 as botht he recording device and the playback device???? totally lost . . . .

I have a POD XT here and also use The Scarlett 4i2.

If you want to plug your guitar directly into the POD you then have two connection options. The 4i2 will always be the playback device.

1) If you want to use the PODs USB to computer interface, you need to have that USB interface selected as the input device in your DAW, assuming your DAW allows that option, not all do. If not:

2) You can also use the line out audio connections from your POD, so line out from the POD to the line in of the 4i2. Make sure you set the input switches on the 4i2 to be line level (not instrument level) In this case you would select the 4i2 as the input device in your DAW.