They all do that Notes. I'm on FF now and if I go to any commercial site like CNN or Fox or Popular Science or anything, I'll see a few ads for the music stuff I just checked out on Sweetwater for example. Then one time I looked at some used car ads on Autotrader and sure enough car stuff started popping up.

It's not personal info, they don't even have my name much less anything more personal like my address, it's simply website tracking cookies. You can disable those but then some websites require you to have cookies enabled or you can't see the site. It's all about do you want to have a free and open internet or do you want to have to subscribe and pay for every website you want to visit? Somebody has to pay for all the bandwidth.

It's the same thing with popup add blockers. I have that enabled but several sites like Forbes will not let you into the site without turning the popup blocker off. All the little tricks we all like to use won't work on some the bigger well known sites. They simply tell you up front, hey this is the price of admission. Leave the cookies on, turn off the blockers or sorry, Charlie.

The LA Times started limiting the number of times I can view the site for free per month. I haven't actually counted it but I'll guess it's about 10. As soon as I exceed the limit they won't let me in, I get a popup saying I can get a paid subscription if I want. If not I have to wait until the month rolls over.

I started a thread in this forum about cutting the cord for commercial TV. I know this doesn't apply to you Notes but for others I'm wondering if that would be worth it. I'm thinking as soon as I get it all set up, things will change, whatever I started using for streaming suddenly takes a leap in price and the overall costs will still be about the same for stuff I want to watch or do online.

There really is no free lunch.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.