Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Extremely creative and well done!! You never fall into generic chord progressions but your music always works very well-not easy to achieve! Vocals are superb-even better than your normal great vocals. Very high quality production in every way!! Take care. Greg

Rob, this expresses my feelings as well, and yet, as a jazz buff who is always looking for that little something extra, I feel that I must add more.

I was particularly impressed with the care you took in seeking out and exploring the sub-dominant tonalities lying within the stolen chords borrowed from adjacent key signatures.

While I suspected you would throw a cadential subdominant chord followed by a tonic chord in places just to produce a plagal nod to conventional resolution, you did not and I congratulate you for it! Not content to just add a Maj7 and say “Hey that’s Jazz, let’s call it a day” you carefully took the time to construct a melodic chord progression with the serpentine but confident grace of a Thelonius Monk, while still allowing for devilish atonal comparisons to the verbal nuances of the lyric sounds themselves.

But you didn’t stop there! Reveling in the cornucopia image to which the song’s key imagery was aligned, you added the extra to the extra by choosing notes that might seem random at times, had they not come from the rich tonal basket of post-modern jazz, thus allowing you to be not only in sync with the art form, but ahead of it at the same time.

To me, the jazz was jazzy man, and I totally dig it.

My good friend the jazz critic at the Times says to say “hi” and did you receive the bottle of Veuve Cliquot he sent a few weeks ago along with the Monet etchings.

We have to jam sometime.