1. Agree with Jazmammal on ASIO4ALL for AUDIO recording with no latency. But to be clear until that was mentioned we had been talking about ONLY getting MIDI data into (and maybe out of) the PC. ASIO, while not completely unrelated, I don't want you to conflate MIDI data with AUDIO data and AUDIO recording.

What ASIO4ALL ,or any good native ASIO, driver does is allow you to hit a MIDI note somewhere like an external keyboard (e.g.,QS8), internal virtual MIDI keyboard of some kind, or simply playback a MIDI file and "hear" the audio generated by a PC MIDI sound source (a virtual synth like Kontakt or SampleTank or Windows GS wavetable) (we are NOT taking about what you hear in, or generated by, the QS8) in NEAR real-time.

Here "near" is a relative term: Ideally will only be a few milliseconds to AROUND less than 10'ish (give or take). Some/most people cannot tolerate that much delay (10 ms) and prefer less noticeable (<< 10 MS) between striking a MIDI note and hearing it play (via a virtual MIDI sound source) but the amount of acceptable delay is individually and situationally dependent.

2. Matt is correct in reigning in my estimate of release (or not). I should have been more CLEAR: PG may, or MAY NOT, release a new PC based BIAB this year, or next year, or never again. BUT HISTORICALLY, for PC's, it has always been around the holiday season, even if they did a summer release that year. I don't work for PG so I have no idea if a new version is forthcoming ever again.

3. Finally, to be fair to SMG I brought up the BIAB "topic" in my first post to your first post and I again mentioned BIAB in my last post TO YOU (in case, you were thinking about it) SMG was really just following-up on my comment, this is a PG forum after all, even if this is the "Off Topic" area.

Good luck and I hope you get every thing hooked up and working.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 10/17/16 01:27 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20