Neuton is good bang for the buck I bought it also , you get a lot of plugs for the money.

I had many great versions of individual plugs I loveto begin with, as to what that neutron provides , but after demoing neutron I decided to buy it just for the track assistant , which i will use on mixes when I am pressed for time with to quickly auto dial in a rough starting point.

It's a dilemma though as I already have other plugs that I like and love vs. those contained within neutron .., but like I said , it has the ability to shave a couple of hours of mixing time at the beginning of a mix when installed as a first plug in in the chain. The thing I dont like is if you decide to use these mix guesses as a starting point, I always keep saying to myself .., "but id like the flavor of XYZ plugin for here etc" , that why I said I will use it only as a quick starting point if I am pushed for time.

The masking meter is convenient but nothing new there . I already have 2 dedicated multiband spectrum analysers (nugen audio and melda) that do a clearer job of identifying clashing frequencies than what neutron does , even my fabfilter proQ2 eq will show that ,.., but having it in the same neutron package (that also uses low cpu power ) is handy.

If you are starting out though I cant recommend neutron enough as you get a lot of great plugins for the price of one.
If you dont have a clue how to mix , it would be great for you also as the track assistant can get you to the place in your mix that would have taken you a few years to figure out otherwise, even if it is a rough ballpark summary, and if you are wise you will then study what neutrino selected and try to learn from it rather than just moving on to the next track on auto pilot .

For the guys who are plugin sluts like me, you'll already have good plugs that have whats in nutrino, therefore you don't need neutrino unless like me sometimes you might occasionally want track assistant to shave some time off , or just want to see out of interest where it takes you, or your lazy,

.., or that garage band says we only have about $50.00 in the budget for the mix, then maybe instead of rejecting the offer, I could imagine seeing track assist used in that spare one hours worth of allocated mix time (without tweaking a single parameter) then adjust faders again before you declare the mix done, get your fitty so you can slip off to the bar for a few with the lads haha, and it would also be usefull when you boss is screaming wheres that mix (hey post guys) LOL. :p

Last edited by SFG; 10/18/16 05:36 AM.

My Specs
Computer : Mac Pro (late 2013) - OS Yosemite 10.10.5
Processor : 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory : 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics : AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Interface : Avid Mbox 3 Pro
DAW : Pro Tools 12.6.0 (64 bit AAX)