Originally Posted By: SFG
I was also shocked to learn during my enquiries to PG, and via the forum ...,

- that BIAB 2016 was still a 32 bit app, with 16 bit files (audiophile version) .., these BIAB shortcomings (for me) was a deal breaker frown .., that technology IMO is a dinosaur thats nearly extinct.

I first want to see PG show some commitment for their customers in moving toward the future (actually into 'the now') ..., hopefully there will be big 'modern' changes in BIAB 2017 .

You are not alone in your reaction! In fact, on this forum, you will find quite a few of us who are very vocal about our desires to see PG move the software into the present!

HOWEVER, the software is nothing short of AMAZING! Yes, an outdated interface that is hard to use with tons of features and options that are hidden away in complex menus...BUT there is absolutely nothing like it on the planet! Once you make the investment to figure it out you can make some truly amazing music! The RealTracks are somewhere out beyond FANTASTIC regardless of being 16 bit. You can make demos (or even finished songs) that will fool most of the best folks in the business into thinking you recorded everything in a studio with session players!

My only advice would be to wait for a December deal. But if you are interested in making great music, for fun or for profit, BIAB is a must-have tool for your arsenal!