One of the issues that has kept me from using Windows 7 has been the lateness of M-Audio to bring a driver for it that works with my 2496 PCI card. However, I accidentally logged in to Windows 7 last night, and instead of rebooting the computer, I could do what I wanted there. What I found was it was possible for me to use the 'Compatibility' feature in Windows 7, which is MUCH better than in Vista, to actually run the drivers for the M-Audio card as if it were in Vista.

Hence, my M-Audio card now works in Win7, and I will be moving most of my applications and files over to the Windows 7 drive. Of course, in about a month, the real thing will be out, and hopefully not too long after that when I have it installed on all of my computers as my primary OS.

So, if you have Windows 7, and don't have drivers, check out the Compatibility feature, you might find that you can run stuff anyway.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!