My introduction to BIAB was by a salesman in the Pro Audio department of Sam Ash in White Plains, NY.

I had been using a small Yamaha hardware sequencer (QY10). This was about the size of a VCR tape and although it was an amazing tool it had some annoying omissions in chord types. I asked if he had any newer, more capable units (remember, this was several years before you could research such things on the Internet). He instead showed me BIAB. Even as a comp. sci. prof I was skeptical a computer would be able to do what I had been doing on my Yamaha.

Boy, was that wrong.

Not long after, I too saw an ad, also I think in Electronic Musician, for Bob 'Notes' Norton and his aftermarket styles. I called Bob, who was great and most helpful. He also knew all about setting up my WX5 wind controller.

I think it's interesting that this thread is not only a tribute to PG Music, but apparently also the effectiveness of placing a small ad in the awesome Electronic Musician magazine!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors