Originally Posted By: Tom J
I have a ballad that uses a piano and synth pad; both are real tracks. When playing a transition where bar #1 = C,C/B and bar #2 = Am7, the Synth Pad sounds choppy through the transition. Is there a way to smooth the synth pad through the transition?

I deal with the choppy strings and synth issue a lot. One thing that bothers me is that I can hear a re-trigger of the strings/synth on every bar even if there was no chord change. I want my strings and pads to be smooth and often hold out the same chord while other instruments make some chord changes. That's why I'll make 2 or 3 versions of the same song and name them according to their purpose. I often go with midi for strings and pads for this very reason. I simply stretch out the notes in a piano roll editor in my DAW.
The melody track does not regenerate. So, if you copy or import your pads track there you can mute your strings track and still regen the rest of the song as you work on it.
Usually I do my best to ignore the choppy strings/pads until I get it into my DAW where I know I can easily move the midi notes around to my liking.

Last edited by Tobias; 12/19/16 11:52 AM.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?