Exactly. And if you have the audiophile version, which takes up well over a TB (most of which is RealTracks), this becomes more of a concern.

I don't delete; I add.

To be more specific if it helps, I keep my RealTracks (audiophile) on a hard drive of its own, a Western Digital high speed 10,000 rpm Caviar Black. At 1 TB (it's several years old), it wouldn't hold all the RealTracks and RealDrums even if I wanted to put them all there, so every year I copy over only those folders I know I will use. One other trick: you must copy all the *ST2 and *XT2 files from the external drive main /BB folder to the /BB folder on your computer, because there is no way (that I know of) to tell what goes with which RealTrack.

I want to caution anyone from following my method unless you are an expert at file manipulation. I'm a retired computer science prof who taught programming from before there were any PCs. The good thing is, even if you eventually need a RealTrack you didn't copy at first, it's still on the supplied USB drive from PG Music, and you just copy the folder you need. Don't alter the USB drive contents, as it is a backup.

[I'm also considering Dan's advice and getting a new 2 TB hard drive, and just stick it all there.]

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors