Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
Me? I thought agreeing to disagree about it was a civilized way to end it.

If everybody agreed about everything, what a dull world we would live in.

Back on topic.

Agreed! Well said and mark me impressed.

Quote:
Sunday we played at a country club we've played a couple of times per year for probably close to 20 years. The last time we played there was for their New Years Eve party.

They hit the dance floor as soon as dinner was over, and the dance floor was full right up to the last song. They applauded, showed their enthusiasm, and at the end of the night quite a few people thanked us, told us that they loved us, and even got big hugs from many of the members.

Next gig is a marina we've played once a week during 'the season' for 9 years running. No dance floor, it's outdoors, in a marina, on a lagoon. We get to play anything and everything, have running jokes with the audience, and they feel like extended family to us. Lots of applause, even more hugs, and we know a lot of personal information about the regulars, we share their joys, and sympathize with their sorrows.

After that a couple of nights in a club we've played off and on since the early 1990s.

We have a lot of fun doing this, we have warm relations with many of the customers, and we feel love, affection and appreciation coming from the audience.

This is one beautiful reason why we play music. It's not only the music, it's also the dialog with the audience.

In fact, if we go to a club or a party, I'd rather play music than be in the audience listening to it.

Insights and incites by Notes

This is what I miss about playing in a studio. When you play out live there is instant feedback. The reactions with the musicians and audience become there own type of free form art. Thanks for the share of this! It stirs something in me for sure!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.