This song, "Pretty Girl" by The John Michael Brown Band is the current #1 hit Beach Music song on the SOS Beach Music circuit for the second week in a row.

I thought it would be a interesting to use BIAB tools to analyze and deconstruct the construction of the music. I found the lyrics to be simple to analyze and a bit cliched. To me, this normal for the regional beach music genre. Most of the local bands strive to record original songs that 'sound like' and copy previous beach music songs.

This song has held off the #2 song, a cover of "Unchain My Heart" as well as #3, a song penned especially for Marsha Morgan by established hit song writer, Eddie Floyd, "Waste of Time". Eddie wrote/co wrote "California Girl," "Knock On Wood," "Bring It On Home to Me and many more.

I have attached BIAB sgu chord chart photos as well as one showing how I use the Stylepicker to audition styles over the audio.

I initially download the song using audacity and the process that audio through the Audio Chord Wizard to determine the key signature, tempo and chords.

You can see it is a very simple structure and chords backing simple lyrics and vocal harmonies.

But it's a hit song.

Here's a link to the song on YouTube

Pretty Girl - John Michael Brown Band

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Pretty Girl 1.JPG (203.37 KB, 94 downloads)
Pretty Girl 2.JPG (52.03 KB, 94 downloads)
Pretty Girl 3.JPG (53.44 KB, 94 downloads)
Stylepicker.JPG (368.27 KB, 94 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.