Hi Reaktor and welcome to the forum.

And thanks for making your review of BIAB. Icelander's remark that your review is "a pretty serious attempt at a review from a purely user perspective. We don't see too many of those around." I found to be spot on and was my intended focus in my remarks.

My use of uninspiring was in contrast to how inspiring I found your review to be in the areas of BIAB that you are familiar with. No intent of uninspirational was for my overall impression of your review.

My intended point was that as an overview, your "overview really doesn't put enough effort on telling what Band-In-A-Box really is and what it can do for all-kinds of musicians. It doesn't give enough praise for it as an virtual-live-band, nor as an gem-box for studying all kinds of genres." I found it to be as you stated in your reply, a more targeted interview toward a particular audience.

I stated that as a fact and not a disparagement.

You should have no regrets regarding your review. It was excellent overall and I stated in my comment, I loved it. My remarks slanted toward if the video were truly an overall review of BIAB, users whose interest in woodshedding, teaching, and songwriting from a production perspective rather than a song development perspective had to wait until the end of the video to see the amazing takeaway of your fabulous production to appreciate the overall value of BIAB.

The 2017 enhancements of the GUI may help you eliminate some of the clutter of features you don't use and help your workflow. As a participant of the forum, you may shorten the learning curve and not have to re-invent the wheel in getting the most out of VST's and integration between BIAB and other software. You'll find plenty of discussion as well as tips, tricks and techniques about that here.

Hopefully you will continue to participate with us here on the forum and not be discouraged in any way. You bring a lot to the table and there are many users who approach BIAB exactly as you do and look forward to you sharing your expertise in how you use BIAB.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.