I understand your frustration and agree with your assessment RealBand crashes too easily when you try to perform certain tasks.

I do believe though that the software is more stable now than it has been in the past. I also strongly believe PG Music is dedicated to delivering more stable products. However, I also believe PG Music can't deliver unless we, the product users, help by providing useful crash report information.

Every time RealBand (or Band-in-a-Box) crashes a crash report is automatically generated. The crash report details what module failed, what modules were in use and information about your computer and operating system. There is also a place for the user to report what you were doing when the crash occurred. I think the user information is essential to let PG Music recreate the failure.

I can't say what percentage of crash reports PG Music receives has user provided information but I can say I try to provide the kind of information PG Music can use to recreate, identify and fix the underlying issue. More often than not I've received a reply that the issue was or was not identified.

I've seen an issue of the screen going blank. It did not generate a crash report though. In my instance the blank spots would come back on as you move the mouse over the empty spots. I took some screenshots and emailed the information to PG Music support and they were able to recreate the issue. Hopefully, they will have it fixed in a future update.

As I said in the beginning, I understand and feel your frustration but ... it is getting better!

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home