Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "Noel96"...

"This Road" was interesting to listen to. The opening bars of solo piano made it sound as though it would be a wistful ballad. But then, the addition of the medium-tempo "bossa nova" percussion and rhythm was rather startling, and gave the song a novel sound. In another way, it had the effect of somehow enlarging the emotional "space" around the song after that plaintive opening, as though I had been listening to it standing in front of a door that you opened suddenly so I could hear the fullness of it rolling out on a breeze. The subtle, measured dramatic build delivered me to an ending/beginning that summoned a strongly visual impression/image of the road stretching out before you.

I agree with the other respondents about the uplifting lyrics, too. No head-hanging in this song! There was obvious inspiration and passion in your singing voice. It would fit nicely as an anthem played before the commencement of an Olympics event.

Another excellent example of the BIAB school of songwriting!

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Hi Loren,

Thank you for taking the time to comment so thoroughly. I sincerely appreciate the smile you brought my way when I read through it.

In all honesty, BIAB has spoilt me. Writing songs with Dr Gannon's software is just so easy. Every time I use the program, I'm amazed at how straightforward it is to come up with a really professional sound. BIAB has DEFINITELY unleashed my inner-songwriter smile

All the best and thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024