Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Not surprising at all and I still don't understand why so many people have this weird aversion to Win 10. I've read all the different "reasons" and without completely repeating myself yet again, whatever those reasons are they are easily overcome.

Bob

Can't figure it out, Bob? Let me 'splain it to you. I have SO FAR spent $450 on perfectly good audio/MIDI interfaces which have been rendered obsolete by Microsoft. If you tell me how that can be "easily overcome," I will be eternally grateful. Right now I have a PreSonus AudioBox USB which runs nicely on my two Win 7 machines.

I am not looking forward to the next transition. Trudy's Win 10 PC has locked me out of making changes to, or adding, any software not already installed. An hour-long chat session has only gotten me as far as downloading a file which will theoretically let me make an ISO disk so I can override the inbuilt password I wasn't given. It SHOULD have downloaded a working file to my thumb drive, but Microsoft didn't recognize it. So once I make the DVD, assuming I get that far, I'll be chatting with Support again SO I CAN USE MY OWN [*****] COMPUTER.

This is besides their neat trick of moving, renaming, or deleting almost anything familiar to me from version 7.

I have never liked Microsoft. I DESPISE Windows 10.

Hope that clears things up for you.