I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate you. That's a goal worth working for and following through on. I currently own a tagalong but between my wife and I, we have had a Class A, Class C and three other tag along's. I'm no expert but certainly a been there, done that kind of guy.

For extended time in an RV as you're thinking of, I recommend you also consider a fifth wheel and truck. Since you are considering a used class C, a fifth wheeler will also make sense. With careful shopping, you can find a decent truck at a decent price. You can buy more living space and better home amenities with a fifth wheeler than you can with any other option. Full size refrigerator and Washer/Dryer come to mind as does storage. Plus you have the added benefit of mobility when you are parked somewhere. Yes, you can tow a car with a C class or A class but it costs you in extra fuel pulling the extra load plus possibly another car payment as well as increased insurance.

Over time, I think you'll come to appreciate the added height of a fifth wheeler plus even the mid range models are equipped with washer/dryer hookups. Look at models that have large front storage doors as well. Many models now also are equipped with a desk area set up for computers and they have spacious storage and are quite comfortable. In warm climate areas when the weather is hot, don't underestimate the joy of a ceiling fan... or an outdoor kitchen in warm weather climates.

To me, fifth wheelers are easier to pull than tagalongs and easier to maneuver than a class A or Class C. I believe you and your dog will be more comfortable if you land somewhere and want to stay a month or more. Like in Myrtle Beach....

Plus, if you ever have vehicle trouble, you still have a place to stay that's cheaper than a hotel and safer than a girlfriend's while the vehicle is in the shop. A consideration worth noting when you buy used..... even low mileage.

Just some suggestions to consider. It sounds like a smart move to me.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.