SO many positive comments!! But then again, look where I am. This forum is filled with nothing BUT positive people, I look back at my time here and remember how many people accepted me when frustration set in and I came off as angry, how many people were supportive, to the point of an anonymous user buying me an expansion pack when I couldn't afford it (but I deduced who it was and thanked him), how many bought my Cd... you guys and gals are the best.

Charlie, I probably won't go 5th wheel because that would be a rather major expense, and I am working on a shoestring here. Tricking out whatever I buy with solar, a cell signal booster system, and all of that... another consideration is size. I want to spend a good deal of time in places where a 5th wheel won't go, either for size or weight. I have seen, and can do, great things with a GMC Savana. I got specs and pictures of one and am already designing my bed in the back over the wheel wells high enough for the dog's cage to go underneath, how and where the TV and sound bar will go, the size of table I can make to house the 2 burner propane stove and stainless steel bowl that will be a sink, water storage... 2 computers under the bed as well, one with movies on it (I have over 500 on there already and another 250 to rip from DVDs), another with the music software... I have really thought a lot of this out already, and I am a year away! I'll buy a Planet Fitness membership for $20 a month to have access to showers (and maybe even ride a bike some!!), and with the Firestick and streaming TV over unlimited cellular, I'll have the entertainment covered. I have such a long list of bookmarks already for things I want to get, like the canvas sided wagon to push the dog around in since she can't walk all that far anymore, the insulated umbrella so she has a place to lay on the beach.... I have spent probably 60 hours already just on youtube videos, taking notes, drawing sketches... I plan to actually upload videos to my youtube channel that is pretty much empty right now. This is truly MY time now, and I am wasting it sitting in a house that is too big for one guy and a dog and is taking almost half my money, while also keeping me grounded here.

As far as the vehicle itself, my thought process is this. I am not building a vehicle to sit in. I am building a vehicle to comfortably get me from place to place. I will live more outside than inside. The whole western half of this country is just gorgeous. Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico (or Nuevo Mehico if you will).. I have never been to Moab. Now I will finally visit. I can be in Austin for SXSW, and take my house with me. And Bonnaroo. And Coachella. And Floydfest. And Merlefest. and Burning Man. And Lollapalooza. Not that I'd go to all of them, but knowing that I CAN go to them.... That is a freedom I have never felt. 4 years after retiring I am still running on the hamster wheel. No more.

And thanks to technology, I can take all of you with me!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.