To Mike Halloran,

It is a Mac - Retina MacBook Pro 2015-late-model edition running Sierra 10.12.4. with a 2.2Ghz Intel Dual Core i7 on an SSD drive.

BIAB 2017 for Mac. I installed all of it from the download access I was given by PGMusic by electronic delivery when I bought BIAB2017 three days ago. I simply uncompressed all the .dmg's and did the installation exactly as instructed. No thumb drive or mini-drive came from PG. I even re-downloaded all the Real-Tracks again so that everything was fresh. All the RT's, Real Drums, and Styles went to the right folders.
For the first three days everything ran perfectly I could save my .SGU's to the desktop, internal hard drive, peripheral hard drive, whatever. Suddenly, today, I can only save to the BIAB folder. I spent hours downloading Sierra from Apple for a fresh system install. Spent a lot of time with my old Mac Mini and doing installs there....now my Mac Mini is as bad off as my rMPB. If I had not tried one last time on the rMBP to save and took a swipe at saving to the BIAB folder itself I would still be in a bind. As long a I can save my files to the BIAB folder I will be OK. For me it is all about getting the work done and archiving it....but where this root directory/drive glitch came from I have no idea.