Originally Posted By: rharv
Using my M40f/s headphones I can notice glitches/pops/clicks others don't seem to hear. I also notice I hear these things more with these headphones than other sound sources (different headphones, powered monitors etc) so it's not 'me' so much, rather what these headphones reveal to me.
So I like to use these when editing/mixing. Much better to catch an editing mistake early as opposed to later when mastering, and then having to go back..

Usually, looking closely (zooming in at the highest Resolution possible) at the exact spot in the track reveals what I am hearing (a true glitch in the audio, visually evident).
If you see such a thing, maybe you can paste the line again from somewhere else or even surgically remove the offending bits.

Yes.... good headphones are a valuable asset for checking and hearing details in the mix that tend to get blurred by speakers and room ambience.

Excellent point on looking at the wave close up. Generally, if you can hear it, you can see it. and vice versa. This is an excellent forensic tool to use when looking for an offending glitch to see what track it's in. I've found that even a glitch that's one or two sample bits can be heard. And.... if you go in to the bit level, and mute those few bits, the glitch will disappear totally and you won't hear the mute happen.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.