Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Onyx is crapware. Do NOT run it till this issue is solved. Better yet, remove it from your system.

Sierra has no ability to Repair Permissions. The OS does not contain the components necessary for that to be an issue.

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum !
Although there is a lot of Mac "Crapware" out there (MacKeeper etc...), the thing about Onyx is it is just a GUI for running Apple's own built in command line utilities.
So when you issue a command through Onyx, you are doing nothing more than running one of Apple's own command line utilities.
This is why you have to be very careful in selecting the proper version Onyx for your OS.

That being said, you can still do serious damage running the wrong command line scripts, but "diskutil: resetUserPermissions" is a pretty innocuous command.
Although Apple has removed the ability of Disk Utility to repair permissions, the underlying commands are still there.

For those who are afraid to to use a utility such as Onyx, the information can still be found on Apple's website about accessing those commands.
Here is one the OP may be interested in checking out, if he is hesitant to try Onyx, this is just for your "Home" folder :
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

Of course, me, I hate typing.
These replies take me forever. smile blush

- Jay

MacPro 5,1/12 core@3.46GHz -- OS X 10.14.6 -- ATI 7970 -- 32 Gig RAM -- Crucial 500GB OS SSD -- Samsung EVO 1TB Audio/Sample SSD -- BIAB 2023 -- Logic Pro X -- Cubase Elements 11 -- Too many plugins