Congratulations on your next new life Eddie.

After owning several RVs my wife and I decided we no longer want an RV that has a transmission, radiator, fuel pump, drive shaft, engine, differential, etc... A few years ago we sold off our last money pit and bought a GMC suburban with a 350 engine and a 24 ft Layton pull trailer. Very simple and comfortable set up. Up and down mountains in Southern California with ease. The Suburban trans, cooling system, fuel system, etc.. have had no expense issues at all. It's a 1999 model with 140k miles. The minimal repairs needed to the Suburban and the Trailer were so small I don't even remember what they were. The ability to leave the trailer and take day trips in the 'burb" were fantastic.
We live in Coachella Valley CA where it hits 115 Fahrenheit for a good 3 months straight and spend most of our weekends in the nearby mountains 6500 elevation and above. I'm still working 11 months a year. Two years ago we ended up getting a permanent annual spot at Thousand Trails Idyllwild (Pine Cove) space 334. Sold the trailer for approx. what we had into it. Grabbed a 36 ft 5th wheeler for approx. what we sold the trailer for and put it on out annual spot. We don't have a truck that will pull the 5th wheeler and don't have plans for that just yet. I'm 52. Starting next weekend we will be spending just about every weekend there in Idyllwild until end of August. It's only 55 minutes from our home and 30 degrees cooler. Family and guests come up often. It's a really nice life. We hike a lot and play a lot of music and enjoy many of the events in the campground and nearby town of Idyllwild.
I'm still driving the old Suburban simply because there's next to no cost other than fuel and oil changes and really cheap insurance. Plus, I'll camp in it once in a while or pull a trailer full of quads and dirt bikes.

Enough about me, Eddie, one thing to consider as we get older and start to travel is how to get our prescriptions and medical care. When we did do some traveling that was an issue for us that often hindered schedules and plans. For a time we had doctors in both California and New Mexico.
BTW, I don't recommend you come to Coachella Fest unless you enjoy second hand pot smoke, music that is too loud, poorly mixed and drowned out by too much bass, and dirt and dust sticking to your sweat during the accompanying sand storms that typically occur during March, April and May here in the desert. Every "grown up" I know that has gone has had these and similar complaints. I work at a motorcycle shop. We sell more goggles during Coachella Fest and Stage Coach than the rest of the year. They are perfect for keeping the sand out of your eyes.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?