Nice. I think that could work for the purpose.

I like the sparseness of the piano with voice for the start. I'd bring some additional instrumentation in, strings or cello, maybe violin, starting on the second chorus. Build it up in the second chorus. On the third verse, I'd have the full band join in with the groove. Then drop back to finish with piano and voice at the end.

I'd tune the vocals to pitch where they tend to slide sharp. Melodyne fixes the pitch without changing anything else.

Excellent write.

When your writing and recording for TV, there's no room for second rate or unfinished music. dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s. What you send has to be top of the pile in every aspect because no one is going to record it again. What you send is what they will either use as-is or reject because it falls short of the high bar.

This is a good write with a few nits that need fixing to let it show off it's full potential. You're competing against other composers who will be doing the detail work. If your song is perfect for the scene, but the production is lesser than another song.... they will chose the song that sounds "ready" over the one that fits the scene but isn't quite broadcast ready.

One more thing..... they won't buy it from you. They will license it. You own it, and you get paid every time they use it in the show and in reruns.

So.... if the Bachelor show doesn't pick it up, place it in a decent film and TV library ( or multiple non-exclusive libraries) because s song like that can be used in many shows that could potentially place a song like that.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/08/17 03:13 PM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.