Depending on how handy you are....

Buying a used box truck like U-haul rents and converting the back to living quarters is a possibility too. Vans are small... I was planning to use an old bread truck in that manner but at the time I didn't have the money to do anything. I swapped it to another band for a trailer that had been rolled.

We have a 26' camper. Queen sized bed, table that folds down to sleep more, and bunk beds in the back. Kitchen with double sink, microwave, 4 burner stove and oven, dual power refrigerator (propane and electric) heater and AC, and a bathroom with commode, sink, and shower and a 5 gallon propane hot water heater (enough for a decent shower). It also has a stereo and TV antenna plus cable jack. All the modern conveniences. Nice holding tanks and even a freshwater tank with a pump and a fair amount of storage.

Practically any decent pickup truck can pull it on the highway. I use a Ford F-150. Gas mileage isn't bad and once we're set up, I can run to town to get groceries or down to the lake to go swimming.

You can find these kinds of RV's at bargain prices as people upgrade or get out of the RV lifestyle.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.