I was just having a short lunchtime jam with BIAB (it's good to be the boss )and it finally occurred to me that there might be a relatively easy way to improve on the current automatic endings frustrations.

According to my improv. teacher there are certain fairly standard ways to end a tune. E.G. repeat the last several bars before playing the last note with a fade and/or ritard. in the last bar, a 3625 3625 3625 1 repetition, a "sharp 1" (5 #1 1) &etc. You guys who've actually been playin' jazz for a while will know 'em (I'm still learnin', slo-o-owly).

So why not pre-program several alternatives that can be selected with radio buttons as alternatives to the current 2 bar "ending". The chord sequence should be no problem as we (should?) nominate the key of the song anyway and this sequence will be in the nominal key sig.. The options needn't be definitive, perhaps 3 or 4 of the most common alternatives.

A similar technique should be able to be applied to intro.'s as well...

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!