I now remember why I haven't had Waves before (besides the minor hoop jumping)

Yes, great. Codex IS A HOOT so far but it (and all Waves plug ins) get a lot of "style points" deducted since the user (ME) has zero (zip, nada, zilch) control over installation, even less than my recent rant on Sonar stuff.

100% on C:\. So both the Waves Central (aka the Waves "manager") and whatever Waves products you install are summarily dumped on the C drive, so it's "wham bam thank ya ***" without so much as a "by your leave."

Yes, the VST dll's can be moved (see Waves web site - it's trivial to do even for the PC novice) but that still leaves more stuff on the C: drive than you are moving.

I'll play with it and try to get it ALL moved off to another drive, will try alias's first before mucking with registry and other "techniques."

Not a complaint about MarrioD's pointing everyone to a great bargain - and kudo's for that

Just info for new Waves users to be aware of

Larry

PS ALSO you must be connected to WEB to use, or MOVE the license(s) to a USB drive so you can stay off-line

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 06/16/17 06:15 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20