If you want to quick start the process, you can give Coffee Cup Software a try. I use their free ftp program a lot. They do have web design tools, but I have a bit of an issue with most of those, they can load a whack of code that is spurious.

I was serious about web design, to get a handle on CSS, Html, and javascript you need a lot of study time. The good thing is you can test any file that has html for an extension in your browser before you post it.

Then the hard part, make it work in IE (x) safari, firefox, opera, and chrome.

The easiest way, after all is said, is find a non flash website you like, right click it, grab the code, put it in NOTEPAD, and edit it from "Tom's Tips on Turkey", to "Peter's Website on Music" and keep going, changing links etc.

On the other hand, find some wiz kid and get him to do it for you, and buy him chips and cola.

The other option is to scour the area for a 50's guy with a beard, sandals, dirty feet, and a Tshirt that says 'fortune -o | tty01' who will be an old chainsmoking Unix programmer and he'll do it for a case of beer and a cigar.

John Conley
Musica est vita