Thanks, as always, to all of you who have offered a comment.

In turn:

re Mac's: it is possible to set the (midi-out) keyboard to be not-touch-sensitive for the purposes of playing it directly. But none of the external controls have any effect on sounds created by midi input. It doesn't have the auto-cut-off you mention. The manual, in its implementation chart, has:
Velocity Note ON 9nH, v=1 - 127
Note OFF 9nH, v=0
but I don't understand quite what that means, or, more to the point, how I might use it in Biab.
(I could play what I want directly on the keyboard, and use its onboard sequencer to record it. But the actual keyboard is fairly horrid - that on my midi-in instrument is far superior. I would rather go that way if it is possible. )

re John's: in general, I agree with you, John. I think it's an interesting example of 'our sort of technology' actually pushing the envelope, musically speaking, that it enables us to play pretty authentic organ sounds with touch sensitivity, and the combination gives a different colour to what's played. But in this case, I do want a pedantically-authentic sound, and also there are some 'stretches' in the piece where it's very difficult to sustain the legato without an audbile difference in touch.
And re rharv's: yes, there's more than one way of simulating the effect, post hoc. I could edit the piano roll, for example. But, again, what I really want to do is play it in in the 'real' way.

The simple question remains: can Biab do this, or not ?

BW

Ian G.

Late-developing enthusiast for jazz / blues. Principally pianist