OK, you asked.

I am not in love with sampletank 3. If you are trying to enhance the sound quality and sound options from BIAB, I would not recommended it. Why?

First reason has already been mentioned, ST3 is not midi compatible. That is a big downside for a program like BIAB.

Second, while ST3 will give you more sound options (so many it can make you head spin - dozens and dozens of piano). Honestly no one needs that many sounds. Unless you do a lot of midi work and want a huge supply of options. Which is the only reason I would recommend ST3.

Third sound quality. Not impressed with sound quality of ST3. All those dozens of pianos and not one is my go to. For a really good piano sound I don't use ST3. It is not even in the top 3.

ST3 is not bad if you do a lot of midi arranging. But not in BIAB which can't multichannel so each individual instrument needs an individual track. In a DAW you can run one instance of ST3 with a dozen or more tracks.

Regarding price, there have been recent specials where ST3 is given free with the purchase of a small midi keyboard (~99 USD) or something like that. So the price has really dropped over the years.

Bottom line, I have it and I have found uses for it -that's a good thing. But, I paid why too much money for it -back in the day. Sound is not impressive, but if you have no other option for some specific instrument than it may find a place.

so if you can get it cheap and use it in a DAW - I would give it a big "maybe".

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper