Dear LOREN,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful comment. I am impressed by your deep insight about the music and am grateful to you for sharing your impressions and consideration about my song. I was also encouraged a lot by them. I shared your comment with my wife. She was also impressed and pleased.

Originally Posted By: bluage
"Green Sanctuary" is stunning music-making! Please allow me to offer my first, urgent impressions of it, to you: stately, mournful, medieval, regal, dramatic, tragic, expressive...I could go on and on.

First of all, I was overwhelmed by this rich use of the adjective words. It is definitely something that is very hard for the non-English-speaking like me to do smile My song comprises three parts; the first part accompanied by the HARP arpeggio, the second accompanied by the STRINGS pizzicato, and the third or the last with melodies played by the STRINGS. I think each of them has different atmosphere and gives the listeners different impressions. I understand this is why very inconsistent words are listed to express impressions for a song.

Quote:
You needn't have worried about the brief playback time of "Green Sanctuary". It only proves that a musician who knows how to orchestrate his/her music can suspend the listener's interest indefinitely through his/her choice of instruments, their articulation and timbre, control of tempo, and more. It was very, very easy for me to imagine you conducting this composition with a "live" orchestra, your baton moving in the air with purpose and passion, so well-paced and revealing of emotion the music was.

Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate it very much. Another intention of mine to write "This song is a small piece whose duration is just 3m21s." was to invite the forum members who are very busy to my song.

Quote:
I try hard not to compare the original musical compositions I listen to on the "User's Forum" with other compositions of known and established composers, but when I do I hope it will be accepted as a compliment: "Green Sanctuary" reminds me in the most moving way of the work of the renowned, late film score composer, George Delerue. Your melody is loaded with emotion, and the way you develop it is very suggestive of Mr. Delerue's technique.

I am the person who is far away from the movies especially from the French films, so frankly I did not know Georges Delerue. I am enjoying now the Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8XNTGWs9E) titled "Georges Delerue - Music for Films". It is clear to me that I am not comparable with him at all, and it is a great honor to me that you compare my song with his.

Quote:
I bow to your gifts as a composer and orchestrator, sir. "Green Sanctuary" is affecting and memorable. I feel blessed to have listened to it.

Thank you. I hope I really deserve it.

Quote:
P.S. I am also greatly impressed and humbled by the way you credit your wife's talent as an interpreter of your own musical gifts. It's an honorable and loving thing to do.

Thank you again.

Yours sincerely,

Hiroshi