Originally Posted By: Slick Salmon
As for laying out tunes as one long chorus rather than repeating choruses, I just don't know the correct approach. The program seemingly wants you to use repeating choruses and provides a wide assortment of tools (eg., jumps, sections, first/ second endings, etc) that make traditional composition possible. It certainly make printing chord sheets a lot easier. On the other hand, the way the program manages soloists makes such a layout challenging. I haven't landed on a comfortable approach.

To lay out a song a single chorus is just a matter of (a) setting the number of choruses to '1' and (b) manually adding part markers to define the various sections of a song.

Part markers are obtained by clicking on bar numbers. The first click will put a blue box around the bar number, the second click changes the box to green and the third click removes the part marker.

• Blue part markers tell BIAB to create a backing that is simpler and with less energy. These are usually well suited to verses.

• Green part markers tell BIAB to create a backing that has more rhythmical and performance energy. I use these for choruses.

To see these in action, simply open up one of your songs that uses multiple choruses (by 'chorus' I mean 'once through the entire song') and then go to "Edit | Song Form Unfold" and the song will be turned into a single chorus song, 'once through' format. This is linear format.

Quote:
EXAMPLE SONG

Let's say the below is the song that I want to generate.

1. Time signature: 4/4

2. Key signature; C

3. Intro: 4 bars

4. Verse 1: 8 bars

5. Chorus: 8 bars with 2 beat bar following the 8th bar (i.e. in 9th bar)

6. Verse 2: 8 bars

7. Chorus: 8 bars with 2 beat bar following the 8th bar (i.e. in 9th bar)

8. Repeat Chorus

I'd set the "number of choruses" to '1' and then layout the song as shown in the following SGU file.

link to example song

Given that my original files with the bar changes worked for you, this one should work, too. The Eb chords are on non-playing positions in the 2-beat bar. They should just help to re-align the Realtracks for the change back to 4-beats in the following bar.

Let us know how you go.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024