Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
First, I am such a fan of lyric videos over any other kind of video. I'm sure I've mentioned that before; but I really like how you allow us to still create the song for yourselves. Thank you for that!

Now to address the pack of elephants in the room. Yes, one elephant would not have been sufficient. If you continue to post Janice singing this way, I can't guarantee no one is going to steal her away to sing anything and everything under the sun. Have you considered maybe having her hit a wrong note here or there? Maybe use bad intonation on occasion? Just suggestions of course. I have a feeling she may not even be capable of such things.

In all seriousness, tell me/teach me your methods for melody embellishment. Is it both of you playing off of each other? I'm ALWAYS impressed with anyone that can take a 1 syllable word and craft it into multi-syllables effortlessly; YET have it sound like your aren't just doing it to do it. It's just great and smart melody creation. My God, it's awesome!

Wow! Thank you so much for those comments. It means a LOT!

This is Bud here...Janice is and has always been extremely modest regarding her vocal talents - yeah I biased! She had never sung at all other than in church as a kid until a friend (the late great Randy Howard -- check out our website) heard her singing under her breath at a bluegrass jam. We had been married seven years before I heard her sing! He encouraged her and within a few months she was singing lead and harmony in our bluegrass band (and playing rhythm guitar/mandolin). The best bluegrass singers are what we've always called "bent note" singers and Janice developed her style from that and later carried it into new genres with BiaB as we slowly moved away from bluegrass. She had always listened to blues and some jazz even while we were deep into bluegrass. Thank you so much for noting that. She doesn't really think that much about how to do it or even what's gonna come out smile I think she's a human saxophone! She'll blush for an hour if she sees this response.

Again thank you very much!

Bud