Originally Posted By: Teunis
In Noel's post he say he works at 44.1 until the final product I assumed maybe wrongly that he then converted to 48. It was always my understanding one is better off to leave things as per the sampled rate. If sampled at 48 work at 48. If the product is for a CD (music) one is in fact better to sample at 44.1. I understood there is less loss working at the same rate from start to finish. No complex rendering. However I am here to learn.

Tony

Hi Tony,

My apologies for not fully explaining myself.

It would be rare for me to resample 44.1 kHz and convert it to 48 kHz. As you indicate, it's much better to leave tracks at 44.1 kHz.

What I do is to keep all BIAB tracks at 16/44.1 while I'm working on a song. Once the song is done, I render the tracks to a 16/44.1 single WAV file. (I have the Audiophile version of the software and all audio is 16/44.1 wav format.)

When I upload that WAV file to Soundcloud, Soundcloud applies its own compression routines and converts my WAV to 16/128 mp3. Since this compressing by Soundcloud is the first time that any of my BIAB tracks have been modified, the integrity of the original WAV is kept intact as much as possible.

Hope that helps clarify things.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024