Quote:

You think that since they can put a man on the moon they could figure out a way to make a classical guitar sound like a steel stringed guitar. It would make life so much easier for me. I hate the thought of tearing up my hands on a steel stringed guitar.

They did--the Roland Virtual Guitar. The VG-88 has now been superseded by the VG-99, which adds pitch-to-MIDI capability to the mix, but you can still get the -88 used. You can put the GK-3 or equivalent divided pickup on any guitar, electric or acoustic, and be able to sound like any other guitar, played through any amp, and any effects. Listen to anything recent by Adrian Legg to hear some of what you can do with the setup. Lots of other artists are using it too, but it's so good you can't tell unless it's credited on the album. But the big deal is that you can use it on your guitar.

I've got a really nice Alvarez-Yairi dreadnought, but I doubt I'll use it to record with again. The VG-88 nails a better studio sound than I've ever been able to get, and without having to deal with mics and room acoustics and all that. If you want more details, PM me and I'll bore you endlessly with them. 8-)

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."