Quote:
Good mix, pleasant melody, well sung, and nice instrumental choices.

PeterF, thanks. I was looking to keep it as organic as possible without being totally acoustic

Quote:
Really enjoyed this one Herb. Proves again that decent country music is far from dead.
Great quality and superb listen thanks

Graham, country is far from dead, although there are few that really play the old country style anymore. Thanks for listening.

Quote:
Nice acoustic based tune. I think that particular mandolin RT's tone makes for one of the most convincing of the acoustic country solo RT's. I've had the privilege of playing with some of the best mandolin pickers and it takes a top tier instrument to sound like that.

Pardon the side track smile Good work also with the production -- really liked the various solos and tasty fills throughout.

Enjoyed it!

Janice & Bud, You are absolutely correct about the quality of this mandolin track. Same thing for the dobro and fiddle.... just amazing quality. Yep... getting that quality sound on "tape" isn't an easy job. Glad you both enjoyed it.

Quote:
A nice production on this one. Reminiscent of the "Peaceful Easy Feeling" flow/feel. Moves along well and the various instrument in and out work. Good job of making the piano stand out when need be.

Since you asked (crits) - I thought the vocal needed to be somewhat warmer. It has plenty of "crispness", so rolling some of that off wouldn't hurt. The oohs/aahs tracks are a good idea - but the point at the end where you can really pick them out, they are doing "Aaaahs" - I think "Ooohs" would be a better choice there (not trying to be picky, really).
Good job on this.

Floyd.... thanks. Yeah I think you're right about the warmth of the vocal. Trying to mix the highs are getting harder for these old ears. Those ohhs and ahhhs are kinda sloppy to be honest. Some are a blend of oooaaahhh together and no pitch fixing was done on them. Down and dirty.

Quote:
Very well done, guitarhacker smile I'm enjoying the authentic country vibe on this tune. I'm getting some major Willie Nelson vibes here, which is most definitely a good thing in my books! It's got a great groove, a great vocal performance, and a catchy chorus to boot.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk... thank you for coming in and having a listen. It's certainly appreciated when the staff comes to visit.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.