I did a lot of reading on this. Apparently they want all of us to download and use this new version. I've condensed a few key thoughts from the threads:

Cakewalk by BandLab – a free, streamlined version of SONAR Platinum

No matter what plug-ins or bundles you’ve bought in the past – anything that worked with SONAR before will work with Cakewalk by BandLab and should integrate seamlessly.

We have removed certain 3rd party plug-ins and content that we felt were unnecessary and/or not feasible to be released in this first version. Updates will come and more features and content will be available in the core pack.

You have to download and install via BandLab assistant.

Does this mean they have ported PLATINUM to Mac??? No, the Mac version of BandLab assistant allows access to the loop content and of course the BandLab Mix editor today.

The license expires in six months. You need to read this long thread to learn more: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-By-BandLab-is-here-Free-Available-for-Windows-now-442018-m3743935-p4.aspx

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors